ICMB XI is collaborating with the International Association for Open Knowledge on Invasive Species (INVASIVESNET) on publication of conference proceedings. Currently INVASIVESNET has three open access, peer-reviewed international journals:
- Aquatic Invasions (est. 2006; 2020 Impact Factor: 2.170),
- BioInvasions Records (est. 2011; 2020 IF: 1.608), and
- Management of Biological Invasions (est. 2010; 2020 IF: 2.663).
For ICMB XI, we will publish two special issues of INVASIVESNET journals to highlight research presented at the conference:
- One in Aquatic Invasions focusing on academic research in bioinvasions.
- One in Management of Biological Invasions focusing on applied research on invasive species.
We encourage all ICMB XI participants to submit their research manuscripts for publication in the conference proceedings.
Editors for the Special Issues
The responsible thematic Deputy Editor-in-Chief for both special issues is Dr. Amy Fowler (USA).
Submission Deadline and Review Process
The deadline for manuscript submission is November 1, 2023, with final versions of the manuscripts due (following the review process) by May 1, 2024.
- Authors should use the online submission system for each journal (Aquatic Invasions or Management of Biological Invasions).
- Within the cover letter, please state that this submission should be considered for inclusion in the ICMB XI special issue of either Aquatic Invasions or Management of Biological Invasions.
- Please see author guidelines before submitting your manuscript (Aquatic Invasions Submission Guidelines or Management of Biological Invasions Submission Guidelines).
- Accepted papers will be published online 2–3 weeks after the publication decision (time to completion may vary due to delays in reviewing times, revisions of manuscripts, and the need for several rounds of reviews).
All papers will be reviewed in accordance with the usual Aquatic Invasions and Management of Biological Invasions review processes and cannot be assured of acceptance until they have met the standards for peer review. The guest editors will manage the special issue, although the Deputy Editor-in-Chief for ICMB proceedings retains the final decision on the acceptance of papers and will work closely with the guest editors during the editorial process. If a submitted paper is authored or co-authored by a guest editor, that submission will be handled by a different guest editor.
Article Processing Charges
We will offer a regular 20% discount for article processing charges for all ICMB XI participants. Register and join INVASIVESNET for additional member discounts. If you have financial constraints, please contact the managing editor of INVASIVESNET journals, Dr. Vadim Panov, directly.
Any questions or inquiries can be directed to: