The ICMB pledges to take action to reduce the environmental impact of the ICMB XI conference, and to create a more socially responsible community.
- We will avoid using disposable items in the office, and at dining and social events. Instead, we will use reusable flatware and dishware whenever possible and hire a caterer that provides them. We encourage the use of reusable water bottles, and travel mugs. There will be limited availability of these items provided during the conference.
- We will have recycling containers available at all events to recycle items such as paper, bottles, and cans.
- We will limit printing of paper items, where possible.
We encourage travelers to the conference to:
- use a shared van/public transit instead of personal car rental, or carpool with other travelers to the conference.
- bring reusable items such as coffee cups/mugs, straws, and water bottles to limit the need for disposable items.
- offset their carbon travel usage (there are many options to purchase credits for carbon offsets).