Themes and special sessions
The Themes for the ICMB-X are:
- Connected World: advances through international networks
- Citizen science: communication, social involvement and media
- Biofouling and regional spread: theory and practice
- Bioinvasions and the ecological consequences of climate change
- Predictions and solutions: risk assessment and management
- 1. Special session: Functional ecology of marine bioinvasions. Chair: Prof. Dr. Marleen De Troch (Ghent University, Marine Biology, Krijgslaan Belgium). Co-chair: Prof. Dr. Sergej Olenin (Klaipeda University, Marine Research Institute, Lithuania).
- 2. Special Session: Development and application of environmental DNA and RNAtools for improved marine biosecurity surveillance. Chair: Dr. Xavier Pochon (Cawthron Institute, Nelson, New Zealand). Co-Chair: Dr. Anastasija Zaiko (Cawthron Institute, Nelson, New Zealand). Co-Chair: Dr. John Darling (Environmental Protection Agency, Durham, NC, USA).
- 3. Special Session: Adaptive evolution in biological invasions. Chairs: April Blakeslee (East Carolina University, Greenville, NC, USA), Carolyn Tepolt (Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, Woods Hole, MA, USA).
- 4. Special Session: Controlling invasive marine species - natural factors and management actions that regulate the outburst of populations. Co-Chairs: Tjaša Kogovšek ( Marine Biology Station, National Institute of Biology, Piran, Slovenia) and Davor Lučić (Institute for Marine and Coastal Research, University of Dubrovnik, Dubrovnik, Croatia).
- 5. Social/Cultural Impacts
- 6. Networks and Citizen Science
- 7. Predictions and Regional Dispersion
- 8. Global Change and bioinvasions
- 9. Ecology and Biology of invaders
- 10. Economic Impacts
- 11. Vectors and their Management
This page was last modified on: 07 Mar 2018 16:32:42