Field Trip to Cerro Avanzado point
We invite you to come and visit Cerro Avanzado point, a gorgeous site with rocky and soft bottom intertidals, including a small Patagonian rocky marsh (see more photos below).
In Cerro Avanzado you’ll be able to check the tide pools and wave cut platforms covered by native mussels mixed with invasive acorn barnacles Balanus glandula and the native austral cordgrass Spartina densiflora. An interesting ecosystem for you to undertake the challenge of finding some of the several invasive species in the region (hoping you don’t find a new one!), like Boccardia proboscidea, Carcinus maenas, Undaria pinnatifida, Diadumene lineata and more.
Nature at the uttermost end of the Earth is waiting for you, and so are we!
- Date: October 19th, the day after the Conference.
- Vacancies: limited from 15 to 60 people.
- Distance: 17 km from the Venue (36 min).
- Duration: 4 hours.
- Cost: 49.99 US$ per person.
- Transfer from Puerto Madryn to Cerro Avanzado
- Field picnic: chopped cold meats and cheeses, variety of breads, mineral water and beer, and something sweet to finish. Vegetarian option will be available too.